About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Monday 7 September 2015

3MT Renovation - Part 1

Inspired by the success of the Jinty renovation project I dug out from storage my very first locomotive given to me when I was just a few years old in the 1950s. It is the Triang 3MT, catalogue number R59.

This one has a chassis but no motor. For a while in the 1970s I used it as a static, derelict locomotive. It was also my first attempt at weathering with streaks of rust and water marks applied.

I have already repaired a half broken and missing rear buffer beam with a 3D printed part I designed (shown circled in the photo) and have removed the Humbrol enamel paint weathering effects with tooth brush and oven cleaner spray.

Next job is to repair the lining, number and emblem.

To Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...