About Comments

Comments are enabled on all postings. Click a posting to find the comment box. Comments are moderated and appear after my review.

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Invalid Car 4mm Scale Model - Part 3

When I started this project I could not find a photo of the real car rear end. Thinking laterally, knowing that I would be placing this model on a lowfit wagon, I popped over to Paul Bartlett's wagon page on the (very) off chance he might have a lowfit with an invalid car load. Imagine my amazement when I saw his first photo in the series was this exact AC invalid car on a lowfit and showing the rear end! Further more the retaining method of car to wagon is clearly visible. So I'll be modelling that as well. Isn't the Internet a wonderful research tool. 

Unfortunately, I cut the rear window aperture before seeing the photo - it is a little too high. The wheels were reclaimed from an old Triang Minix car and super glued into slots carved into the base. Not finished yet. More details to add.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...